Tretinoin (Retin-A/Retisol-A) Review


Acne is one of the most embarrassing skin problems. Nearly everyone gets it, and the severity varies from one person to another. It's not only common among teenagers, even older persons are prone to it.
I personally suffered from mild/moderate acne for a couple of years, and  I eventually got to clear it  completely :)
Actually, I consulted a dermatologist and he recommended a 3-month treatment. He prescribed something that really worked for me: Tretinoin (also know as Retin-A, Retisol-A...). My acne was not really severe, but I think it still would work on worse cases. This product works on chest and bacne as well. 


B005SRTDWQ Strongest OTC Retinol 2.0% (Without A Prescription)


I used the Retisol-A 0.025% cream for the first month and to be honest, I had a terrible initial breakout! So yeah, don't freak out within the first weeks, because you'll be breaking out even more. But do NOT stop the treatment! That's the point. And it's also necessary that you start with this low concentration (0.01%  or 0.025% depending on you skin's sensitivity). In fact, it is somewhat strong and may irritate your skin when you start using it. So it's highly recommended that you start off with the low concentration until your skin gets used to it.
For the following months, I switched to the 0.05% cream and that's where things started to change! Since this is stronger, it worked faster, and the crazy initial break out seemed to stop. My skin slowly started to clear up. I got less cystic acne, whiteheads popped out overnight, blackheads disappeared over time. By the end of the third month, I saw a major improvement. Even the scars, the purple/red marks left by acne, were fading. I was left with only few occasional pimples of that time of the month that would shrink overnight when you apply Tretinoin to them.
It is also important that you keep the routine simple! My routine was to apply Retisol-A (Retin-A or whatever, they're all different  names for the same product) every single night  30 mins after washing my face with mild cleanser (if it irritates your skin badly, you can use it every other night, but don't expect quick results). You can use any kind of soap or cleanser designed for acne-prone skin. If you want to go natural, use baking soda. It is important to wait at least 20 mins before you apply the cream, because your skin must be really dry to avoid any irritation. In the next morning, I wash my face then apply moisturizer, sunscreen, then makeup..You can apply whatever you want, but you will need a lot of moisturizer because Tretinoin really dries out the skin, making it somewhat red and flaky.
If you want to use Tretinoin in the morning, it is okay, since brands like Retisol-A have SPF 15 in them, so it would work as a sunscreen as well.

So, that's about it. I strongly recommend Tretinoin creams because they worked for me. You should really give them a try, and please BE PATIENT! Do not expect your skin to clear up within a couple of weeks!
It will take at least 2 months depending on your acne and skin type.

I hope this helped! If you have any question, please feel free to submit it in a comment :)